The new Policy and Advisory Library (PAL) is now available. This page will be redirected to PAL from the start of Term 3. Make sure to update your bookmarks to the new PAL site.
Purpose of this policy
To allow schools to participate in student exchanges to broaden students’ educational experiences and intercultural understanding.
- operate student exchanges within the requirements for registration as an exchange organisation
- maintain a balanced reciprocity of student exchanges on a rolling 3 year basis.
Student exchange programs:
- are managed by registered exchange organisations or schools registered for this purpose
- range in duration from a minimum of 29 days to a maximum of 12 months
- should operate on a non-profit basis
- are the responsibility of the Victorian Registration and Qualifications Authority (VRQA).
Note: Student exchanges that are for less than 28 days do not require the school to be a registered exchange organisation.
For more information:
- including the Student Exchange Guidelines and Application document see:VRQA's
International Education; or
- contact: VRQA on (03) 9032 1539.