Parent Complaints - Government Schools

Parents of students attending a Victorian government school can make a complaint about their child's education.

You can raise concerns about any aspect of your child's education and the Department will follow the procedures outlined in its complaints policy, see:

Before making a complaint, please remember:

  • your child's school is your first point of contact
  • concerns are best resolved at the school
  • a positive relationship between parent and school is important
  • the issue you raise might be governed by Department policies and guidelines

‚ÄčIf you have concerns that a child may be at risk of abuse or in danger you should contact Victoria Police on Triple Zero (000) or your local police station.

Please also report your concerns to your school principal or region.