Following the birth of your baby the hospital will give you your child's My Health, Learning and Development Record, commonly known as the green book. This record is designed so that you can keep all your child's health information, doctors and Maternal and Child Health appointments and immunisation records in one place. There is also space for photos and plastic sleeves for important documents.
Information will be added to the My Health, Learning and Development Record, at each of your Maternal and Child Health consultations and other appointments. Important information will be given to you by a range of medical professionals, so please remember to take the book with you when you go to:
- the Maternal and Child Health nurse
- immunisation appointments
- a local doctor, dentist or other health professional
- a hospital or emergency department
- a community health centre
- an early childhood education and care setting (e.g. child care centre, family day care, kindergarten) or school.
For more information about the Maternal and Child Health service email the MCH Line.