At this consultation the Maternal and Child Health nurse will review your child's growth, health and development as well as their new teeth.
This consultation will focus on:
- your Parents' Evaluation of Development Status (PEDS) questions in your My Health, Learning and Development Record (remember to complete these questions before the visit if you can)
- helping your child to eat healthy food
- taking care of your child's teeth
- how to be sun smart
- how play helps learning and development
- family relationships and wellbeing
- preventing injuries.
Remember, you and your nurse can talk about other issues or concerns if they arise.
Please tell the nurse if your child is:
- not enjoying eye contact or cuddles with you
- not coming to you for affection or comfort
- not understanding any words
- not pointing or waving
- not trying to communicate with you
- not showing any signs of pretend play
- not walking.
Tip sheets given at this visit
For translated resources see: Key ages and stages