The new Policy and Advisory Library (PAL) is now available. This page will be redirected to PAL from the start of Term 3. Make sure to update your bookmarks to the new PAL site.
Within the state-wide parameters set out in the Management of Teacher Work Guide, each school has responsibility for determining the allocation of teacher work consistent with the requirements of the Victorian Government Schools Agreement 2017.
For comprehensive policy information concerning the management of teacher work, see the Management of Teacher Work Guide below which covers the following areas:
- face-to-face teaching, including rostered classes and extras
- the work directly related to the teaching and learning program of a teacher's class(es) (such as planning, preparation, assessment of student learning, collaboration, professional development and peer observation including feedback and reflection)
- other duties related to the operation and organisation of the school (such as meetings, student supervision, reporting, organisational duties, implementation of government education initiatives)
- other factors including class size, curriculum mix, range of ability and age of students, demands and behaviours of those students, resources available and facilities
- voluntary/discretionary effort, including school camps, concerts, excursions and after-school sport
Policy and Guidelines
- Management of teacher work guide - last updated 4 June 2019
( PDF) ( WORD)
Procedures and Forms
- Teacher work ready reckoner - to assist in calculating the pro-rata hours for teachers employed part-time - last updated 25 January 2018
Further information about the professional practice elements of the Victorian Government Schools Agreement 2017 is available on the Department's intranet site, eduGate at: Professional Practice Elements