Relevant sections of the OHSMS
What do you need to do?
|Division 5 Asbestos Register|
A register of all ACM present or unknown in the workplace.
- Locate your Division 5 Register available on the
School Maintenance System(secure).
Asbestos Management Plan
|Documented plan on how to manage ACM through visual inspections.|
- Transfer present and unknown ACM from the Division 5 Asbestos Audit into the Asbestos Register.
- Note 1:
Asbestos Register becomes your most up to date Division 5 Audit.
- Note 2:
Update the Asbestos Register when works have been undertaken or condition of ACM has changed.
- Schedule visual inspections of ACM into the OHS Activities Calendar.
- The Asbestos Co-ordinator is to carry out visual inspections every three months.
Accidental damage to Asbestos Containing Materials
- Isolate the area and do not disturb the damaged ACM
- Immediately contact the Asbestos, Reinstatement and Preventative Maintenance Call Centre on 1300 133 468 for advice.
Legislation, guidelines and Codes of Practice
- The Asbestos, Reinstatement and Preventative Maintenance Call Centre on 1300 133 468
- OHS Advisory Service on ph. 1300 074 715 or email