Relevant sections of the OHSMS
What do you need to do?
|Division 5 Asbestos Register||A register of all ACM present or unknown in the workplace.|
- Locate your Division 5 Register available on the
School Maintenance System(secure).
Asbestos Management Plan
|Documented plan on how to manage ACM through visual inspections.|
- Transfer present and unknown ACM from the Division 5 Asbestos Audit into the Asbestos Register.
- Note 1:
Asbestos Register becomes your most up to date Division 5 Audit.
- Note 2:
Update the Asbestos Register when works have been undertaken or condition of ACM has changed.
- Schedule visual inspections of ACM into the OHS Activities Calendar.
- The Asbestos Co-ordinator is to carry out visual inspections every three months.
Accidental damage to Asbestos Containing Materials
- Isolate the area and do not disturb the damaged ACM
- Immediately contact the Asbestos, Reinstatement and Preventative Maintenance Call Centre (Cushman and Wakefield) on 1300 133 468 for advice.
Legislation, guidelines and Codes of Practice
Occupational Health and Safety Act 2004
Occupational Health and Safety Regulations 2017
Managing asbestos in workplaces - Compliance Code
Removing asbestos in workplaces - Compliance Code
Code of Practice for the Management and Control of Asbestos in Workplaces (NOHSC: 2018 (2005)
The Asbestos, Reinstatement and Preventative Maintenance Call Centre (Cushman and Wakefield) on 1300 133 468
OHS Advisory Service on ph. 1300 074 715 or email email@example.com
School Infrastructure Online
Asbestos - A handbook for workplaces
Asbestos in Science Equipment and Mineral Kits