The Knowledge Exchange Program aims to provide participants with an understanding of how their work area outcomes are delivered and implemented in a school setting and the level of impact. This will enable participants to build on implementation strategies and ensure effective delivery. Host schools will also gain an understanding of the corporate areas that support their work.
The key objectives of the Knowledge Exchange Program are to:
- build capability and understanding to optimise effective implementation and impact of policy development in a school setting focussed on improving outcomes for students through implementing the Education State agenda
- strengthen relations and professional practice across the Department and enable greater mutual understanding and cooperation between schools and corporate
- promote open dialogue between schools and corporate and potentially increase the number of school leaders who could be consulted with on Departmental initiatives.
The program will take place in Term 2 and Term 3 during the 2020 school year. Placements in schools are full time and usually run for six weeks. Longer or shorter placements are possible and can be agreed with the school.
Guidelines & Forms
- Knowledge Exchange Handbook (PDF) (WORD)
- Frequently Asked Questions (WORD)
- Expression of Interest (applicants) (WORD)
- Host proposal form (school) (WORD)
- Advertising Flyer (PDF) (WORD)