The Department's public service remuneration policy has been designed to assist with the achievement of the following key objectives:
- Value of the work is determined relative to the role, responsibilities, skill level and accountability requirements of the position.
- Attraction and retention of the best possible people to meet the current and future demands and challenges of the Victorian public service.
- Recognition and reward for the quality of the work and contribution to the achievement of the goals of the Department.
The Remuneration –Public Service Guide, which is available below, provides policy and information concerning remuneration for employees in the public service (other than executive officers) including the following:
- Remuneration/salary package
- Salary on employment, transfer or promotion
- Attraction and retention
- Job resizing review
- Annual progression
Teaching Service | Public Service
Policy & Guidelines
- Remuneration - Public Service - Last updated 10 January 2020
Procedures & Forms
- Value Range Job Resize Recommendation Form (WORD)
- Appointment and Salary Authority (WORD)
Descriptors and other information
- VPS Value Range Descriptors ( WORD)
- VPS Grade Descriptors ( WORD)
- Allied Health Grade Descriptors ( WORD)
- Nurses Grade Descriptors ( WORD)
- Legal Grade Descriptors ( WORD)
- Grade and Value Range Assessment Tool ( WORD)