Employees (other than casual employees) are entitled to the following public holidays:
- 1 January (New Year's Day). When New Year’s Day is a Saturday or a Sunday, an additional holiday shall be observed on the next Monday.
- 26 January (Australia Day). When Australia Day is a Saturday or a Sunday, a holiday in lieu shall be observed on the next Monday.
- The second Monday in March (Labour Day).
- Good Friday, Easter Saturday, Easter Sunday and Easter Monday.
- 25 April (ANZAC Day) or any substitute day proclaimed by the State of Victoria.
- The second Monday in June (Queen’s Birthday).
- the Friday before the Australian Football League (AFL) Grand Final
- The first Tuesday in November (Melbourne Cup Day) or such other day as is gazetted under the Public Holidays Act 1993 as a day in lieu of Melbourne Cup Day in a particular non metropolitan municipal district.
- 25 December (Christmas Day). When Christmas Day is a Saturday or a Sunday, a holiday in lieu thereof shall be observed on 27 December.
- 26 December (Boxing Day). When Boxing Day is a Saturday or a Sunday, an additional holiday shall be observed on 28 December.
Information relating to public holidays and leave arrangements is available on the applicable leave pages on HRWeb.