The new Policy and Advisory Library (PAL) is now available. This page will be redirected to PAL from the start of Term 3. Make sure to update your bookmarks to the new PAL site.
The quality of the workforce is the major factor driving improvement in schools. The Department supports a culture of leadership, learning and renewal in all workplaces with opportunities for career development and advancement. Excellent service provision can only happen when the right people are attracted, recruited, and supported to do their jobs as effectively as possible.
In this context schools are able to build progressively, or maintain, a staff team that can provide the best possible teaching and learning in the school. The Department is committed to the standard mode of employment in schools being ongoing. Schools have the capacity to select the best available employees to meet the educational needs of students and to maximise ongoing employment opportunities in Victorian Government schools. Local selection arrangements provide the most effective way of matching the talents and career aspirations of employees with the specific needs of individual schools.
The Recruitment in Schools guide, which is available below, provides comprehensive policy and information concerning recruitment in schools including the following:
- Staffing profile
- Vacancy management
- Advertising vacancies
- Employees with Priority Status
- Employment, promotion or transfer
Teaching Service |
Policy & Guidelines
- Recruitment in schools -
Last updated 24 October 2019
- Recruitment in the Teaching Service - Remote
Procedures & Forms
- Fixed Term Teacher Vacancy Ready Reckoner - to assist schools in determining the duration of teacher vacancies on ROL and employment period on the payroll
- Employment Task List - includes the business and system processes when hiring/rehiring a person on eduPay
- Ongoing Offer Procedures
- Further period of Fixed Term Employment Procedures
Forms- access all recruitment/employment forms including offer of employment letters