Income Statement/PAYG Payment Summary

From 2020 the PAYG - Payment Summary is now known as the Income Statement. The Income Statement is only available from your myGov account for both Department and School Local Payroll (SLP) employment.  A copy of the Income Statement cannot be generated by the Department or the school.

Historical PAYG Payment Summaries continue to be available for all employees in Employee Self Service (see eduPay link under Other Resources below) with access to eduPay remaining available where at least one employment instance (Department or SLP) remains active on the payroll.

A person who is ceasing employment is expected to download copies of any previous PAYG Payment Summaries they may require prior to their cessation being processed on the payroll.  Income Statements will only be available in the individual's myGov account.

Where a person requires an historical PAYG Payment Summary after they have ceased employment, the process for Replacement of Lost or Damaged Summaries applies.

Replacement of Lost or Damaged Summaries

Historical payment summaries that need to be replaced or have been lost or damaged can be reproduced by the employee using eduPay Employee Self Service (see eduPay link below under Other Resources below).

PAYG information prior to the 2019/20 financial year is not available in your myGov account.  A printed historical PAYG payment summary is not normally required for tax returns lodged with an accountant or when using the ATO e-tax service.  The ATO, MyTax program's “pre-filling” option automatically downloads the Income Statement details into the tax return and may negate the need for any historical printed copy.

An employee who requires a replacement historical payment summary to be produced and sent, must complete the Request for Replacement PAYG Summary form available under 'Procedures and Forms' below.  There is a charge for a replacement PAYG Payment Summary.  As part of current Australian Taxation Office requirements, the PAYG Payment Summary cannot be emailed.

Other Resources

Procedures & Forms

  • Request for Replacement PAYG Statement (WORD

Related Topics


Contact Information

back to top