Early Years Management organisations manage services for community kindergartens and some early childhood services.
They work with their service partners to make sure care is high quality and follows regulations.
- work with the community to make sure services meet local needs
- handle strategic planning to manage the service
- manage and train employees
- manage finances for the service.
EYM was formally known as Kindergarten Cluster Management.
Policy framework and operating guidelines
EYM Policy Framework (pdf - 4.16mb) |
EYM Policy Framework (docx - 38mb) - sets out the background and context for Early Years Management.
EYM Kindergarten Operating Guidelines (pdf - 3.98mb) |
EYM Kindergarten Operating Guidelines (docx - 19mb) - provides detailed guidelines for implementing the EYM policy framework, for all EYM partners that deliver or intend to deliver kindergarten programs in Victoria.
The benefits of EYM are:
- Children benefit from high quality, inclusive services provided by professionals who are well supported to adopt contemporary, evidence-based practices.
- Parents can focus their involvement on supporting their children's learning free of the compliance, industrial, financial and operational obligations required of approved early childhood service providers.
- Staff benefit from organisational structures and processes that support them in their day to day work, but also have a view to the future creating career pathways and professional development opportunities that align with their aspirations.
Become an early years manager
If you're considering becoming an early years manager, contact the nearest Department regional office.