Early ABLES is a strengths and observation-based online assessment for learning tool. It supports early childhood educators to provide a more individualised learning experience for children aged two to five years with disabilities and/or developmental delay.
The Early ABLES suite has been expanded to include three new assessments for use from 2021, which will support educators to:
- observe and assess a child’s progress in learning
- develop appropriate learning goals in collaboration with parents/carers and other professionals
- develop an individualised learning plan with evidence-informed teaching and learning strategies
- monitor progress along a likely progression of learning
- support the development of an individual child’s learning program using the Early Years Planning Cycle
- improve transition from early childhood to school through information sharing.
For more information about Early ABLES contact
Access to the online professional learning
Early ABLES professional learning using enrolment key: Early_ABLES33
The following video provides step by step instructions to support access to the professional learning: