Early Abilities Based Learning and Education Support (ABLES) is an online assessment for learning tool for educators in early childhood education and care settings. It helps educators develop and provide a more individualised learning experience for children aged two to five years with disabilities or developmental delay.
Early ABLES can also be used to support the transition to school for children with disabilities or developmental delays. It can also strengthen connections between services.
Educators can use the tool to:
- assess the child's progress in learning
- develop appropriate learning goals in collaboration with families and other professionals involved in the education and care of the child
- develop and further refine personalised learning plans with proven teaching and learning strategies
- monitor progress along a likely progression of learning
- better support the development of the individual child's learning program through using the Early Years Planning Cycle
- improve transition processes through consistent information sharing across services and schools.
For queries about the tool contact
Access the modules
ABLES professional learning modules using enrolment key: Early_ABLES33.
Trouble accessing learning modules
The following video provides step by step instructions: