Using the Box of Educational Resources to support your practice and children’s learning in a Three-Year-Old Kindergarten program
Introduction to this section
The Box of Educational Resources offers early childhood professionals delivering a Three-Year-Old Kindergarten program the opportunity to engage with a range of specifically selected hard copy resources, tip sheets, posters, books and online professional learning vouchers. It has been provided to all services delivering funded Three-Year-Old Kindergarten programs in 2020 and 2021. Services delivering funded Three-Year-Old Kindergarten from 2022 will receive their box in early 2022, or when registering for professional learning. The Box of Educational Resources is not available to the public or for purchase.
The Box of Resources was developed through consultation with sector experts and is intended to provide practical support and resources to teachers and educational teams as they deliver funded Three-Year-Old Kindergarten. All resources align to the Victorian Early Years Learning and Development Framework (VEYLDF).
The Box of Educational Resources divided is into six critical areas:
Unpacking the Box of Educational Resources
A Navigator document lists all of the resources in the Box of Educational Resources and provides a short description of each item.
The following video provides information on what’s contained in the Box of Educational Resources, and ideas for how to best use these resources.
Ideas for using the Box of Educational Resources with your team
There are a range of ways to engage with the Box of Educational Resources, and it is intended to be a set of resources for early childhood professionals to draw on over time to support their practice.
Suggestions for engaging with the Box of Educational Resources:
- consider the topics you would like to focus on and explore this in detail
- establish opportunities for focused reading and discussion with your colleagues at your centre regarding a particular resource or one of the critical areas within the Box of Educational Resources
- take your time with the resources and revisit them over time
- explore the relationship between a resource and practice (e.g. what challenged you, what excited you and what might you consider implementing in practice?)
- consider an inquiry project which emerges as a result of one of the resources (e.g. what does literacy in the everyday look like with a group of three-year-old children?).