We publish a wide variety of data in aggregated form. This data can be accessed via:
Requesting further data
If the data has not been published, you can apply to obtain it via a request form:
Complete the form and email to
How we respond
Provision of data by the Department will be in accordance with the terms of the
Data Protocol (docx - 87.11kb)
To allow us enough time to assess and meet your request, it should be submitted well in advance of when the data is needed. Further information on timelines will be provided once your request has been received.
We will not always be able to provide the data sets you have requested. This can include:
- where the requested data set does not exist
- where the data in the data set has been supplied to the Department by a third party, or in circumstances of confidentiality
- where a risk that the identity of individuals may be reasonably ascertained from a data set has been identified
- where disclosure of the data contained in a data set is prohibited by law
- in the case of large and complex data requests, where it is not practicable to divert our resources to meet the request in the preferred time frame.
For information about conducting research in Victorian government schools or in early childhood settings, see
Freedom of Information
You have a right to access certain documents in our possession. For more information, see
Freedom of Information.