A new review and improvement approach will be implemented from 2018, to help our system build on its strengths and differentiate our efforts. The new approach:
- forges links between evidence, school review, and strategic and annual planning
- obtains actionable insights from a differentiated method for understanding school performance
- encompasses a suite of improvement supports and resources tailored to a school's context and needs.
The new approach emphasises continuous improvement, and affirms that every student, no matter their background or circumstances, has a right to learn in a school unswervingly committed to improvement. It steadfastly holds that every school can and will improve. Good schools will become excellent schools. Excellent schools can, and do, become better.
The approach hones our use of the FISO continua of practice for and the FISO improvement cycle
Progress to date
- Contract renewed with school review companies to undertake reviews in 2018 Nov 2017
- FISO Continua of Practice refinement (Phase 1) completed Jan 2018
Upcoming activities and milestones
- School Review Guidelines 2018 published Feb 2018
- Professional learning on the new model with schools, regions and reviewers Feb 2018
- Evaluation of new review model commences April 2018
- School review cycle 2018 commences Term 2, 2018