The Victorian Government is transforming local education through the Footscray Learning Precinct.
Development of the Precinct began in 2015. The vision is that the Footscray Learning Precinct will be a world-class education precinct, providing excellence in learning teaching in Melbourne’s inner west. The precinct will build on the richness and diversity of the community and will provide opportunities for learning in all stages of learning
The Footscray Learning Precinct includes:
Teaching and learning components being delivered in this plan include:
- a shared learning framework across early learning, primary and secondary schools and Victoria University
- the establishment of a STEAM Centre of Excellence in partnership with Victoria University and other industry leaders
- enhanced inquiry-based learning across all schools
- a precinct-wide commitment to Teacher excellence and workforce development
- strengthened student pathways through early learning to tertiary including ‘second chance’ learning in partnership with Victoria University and other education agencies.
The Department will continue to work with key local stakeholders to identify and meet community needs. Stakeholders include local schools, local government, tertiary and higher education leaders, local business and other education providers.
What the precinct means for you
Whether a student, parent, family member, carer, staff member, educator and/or member of the local community, the plan will benefit you.
The three schools and Precinct partners have been working hard to deliver the objectives of the precinct. There is more work to be done, and it is an exciting space to be in for the schools and the wider community.
We encourage all community members to be an active voice in the plan. It is a long-term commitment and we need the local community to be involved in the journey to ensure our goals are being met.