To help you to deliver the Challenge remotely, you can now send usernames and passcodes to students in bulk via email.
To generate and email usernames and passcodes:
- Go to the Users menu, then the Students menu.
- Filter on year level, class name or coordinator name.
From the search results, you can generate username and passcode details either:
- For a group – selecting the relevant students from the search results. Select Print username and passcode (CSV/email) under the Group Actions menu.
- For individuals – selecting the student from the search results. Select Print username and passcode (CSV/email) from the Action ellipses (⋮) next to their entry in the search results table.
The application will email the login details to the coordinator who performed the action.
To complete the password mail out:
- 1. Open the spreadsheet (containing the new username/s and password/s) that was emailed to you. Add the parent/student email addresses you want to send to in Column D of the spreadsheet. Save to a location you will remember
- 2. Start a mail merge
- 3. Select mail merge data source
- 3.1. Navigate to and select the saved attachment (from step 1)
- 3.2. Click Open
- 3.3. Ensure the first row of data contains column headers is checked
- 3.4. Click OK
- 4. In the Word document create the email text to send to the students
- 5. To add data such as the username and password from the selected file,
- 5.1. Put the mouse where the field is to go
- 5.2. Click on Insert Merge Field in the ribbon menu
- 5.3. Select the data to insert (e.g. username)
- 6. This will create a placeholder that will insert the correct value when the mail merge is done. An example Parent/student email would look like the following, where words between << and >> indicate a mail merge placeholder
Here are your login details for the 2020 Premiers' Reading Challenge.
Further information about how to use the new Challenge application is available at:
School students and parents
To log in go to:
Register and log in
- 7. To see an example of what a finished email will look like click the Preview Results button in the ribbon menu
- 8. When happy with the email, to send
- 8.1. Click ribbon menu button Finish & Merge -> Send Email Message
- 8.2. In the To drop down list select Email Address
- 8.3. Enter the subject for the emails in the Subject line
- 8.4. Ensure the All option is selected
- 8.5. Click OK
For security reasons, usernames and passcodes are automatically generated by the Challenge system to meet security requirements and are not viewable online.