The annual Victorian State Schools Spectacular program is an invaluable performing arts opportunity for Victoria’s government primary and secondary school students.
The program showcases and unites government school communities through working towards a common goal of more students reaching the highest level of achievement in the arts, ensuring kids are happy, healthy and resilient, and building pride in our schools.
The Spectacular has become an invaluable rite of passage for Victoria’s top young talent, and a cherished, memorable education experience for all participants.
Something Spectacular in 2021
This year’s event will be performed on Saturday 11 September at John Cain Arena.
More information about the show will be provided here soon.
The Department of Education and Training is continuing to monitor and act on the advice of the Victorian Chief Health Officer and the Department of Health in relation to coronavirus (COVID-19).
Registrations to participate in the 2022 Spectacular will open in October 2021.
The Spectacular’s growing alumni includes:
- winner of The Voice Harrison Craig
- Maggie McKenna (lead in Muriel’s Wedding the Musical)
- Adam Ladell The Voice, Semi-Finalist 2016
- Vanessa Amorosi
- HaNy Lee (actress and K-pop artist)
- Hairspray lead Jaz Flowers
- Opera Australia artist Nicole Car
- Niklas Kreher (who secured a job with world-leading lighting company PRG)
Other graduates include:
- Strictly Ballroom the Musical’s Rohan Browne
- Ryan Meeking who fronts Melbourne band Whitaker
- Jack O'Riley, Jersey Boys
- Daniel Ridolfi, Aladdin
- Keagan Vaskess, Ned Kelly
- Dreamgirls principal cast member and Simba in Germany’s long-running The Lion King Winston Hillyer
- The Voice Australia finalist Kiyomi Vella
- Victorian Opera’s Jeremy Kleeman
- Sam Bluer, Pop artist
Our performing arts unit can be contacted on 9415 1700 or email:
Transcript - Victorian State School Spectacular
The latest from the spectacular