The annual Victorian State Schools Spectacular program is an invaluable performing arts opportunity for Victoria’s government primary and secondary school students.
The program showcases and unites government school communities through working towards a common goal of more students reaching the highest level of achievement in the arts, ensuring kids are happy, healthy and resilient, and building pride in our schools.
The Spectacular has become an invaluable rite of passage for Victoria’s top young talent, and a cherished, memorable education experience for all participants.
Register now for 2022
Plans for the 2022 Spectacular performing arts program are already underway, as online auditions and school registrations take place from October, and statewide training will kick off in February 2022. We encourage all schools and students keen to be involved in 2022 to register, audition and get ready for what we hope is a much more Spectacular year.
Register to participate in the 2022 Spectacular - open on Monday 11 October
The Spectacular’s growing alumni includes:
- winner of The Voice Harrison Craig
- Maggie McKenna (lead in Muriel’s Wedding the Musical)
- Adam Ladell The Voice, Semi-Finalist 2016
- Vanessa Amorosi
- HaNy Lee (actress and K-pop artist)
- Hairspray lead Jaz Flowers
- Opera Australia artist Nicole Car
- Niklas Kreher (who secured a job with world-leading lighting company PRG)
Other graduates include:
- Strictly Ballroom the Musical’s Rohan Browne
- Ryan Meeking who fronts Melbourne band Whitaker
- Jack O'Riley, Jersey Boys
- Daniel Ridolfi, Aladdin
- Keagan Vaskess, Ned Kelly
- Dreamgirls principal cast member and Simba in Germany’s long-running The Lion King Winston Hillyer
- The Voice Australia finalist Kiyomi Vella
- Victorian Opera’s Jeremy Kleeman
- Sam Bluer, Pop artist
Our performing arts unit can be contacted on 9415 1700 or email:
Transcript - Victorian State School Spectacular
The latest from the spectacular