The Secretary is directly responsible for management of the Department.
Jenny Atta has been the Secretary of the Department since March 2019.
Jenny joined the Department in December 2015, as Deputy Secretary, Infrastructure and Finance Services Group. In this role, she was responsible for the management and oversight of the Department’s financial, procurement and information technology services, along with strategic advice and planning for state budget processes, and infrastructure policy and delivery across the education and training portfolio.
Jenny has many years’ experience in senior public service leadership roles, notably at the Department of Treasury and Finance where she led the portfolio analysis function within Budget and Finance.
The seven Deputy Secretaries are directly responsible for each group within our departmental structure:
- Policy, Strategy and Performance - Katherine Whetton
- Financial Policy and Information Services - Tony Bates
- People and Executive Services - Kate Rattigan
- School Education Programs and Support - Steve Gniel
- Higher Education and Skills - Sandy Pitcher
- Schools and Regional Services - David Howes
- Early Childhood Education - Kim Little