The Secretary is directly responsible for management of the Department.
Jenny commenced as Acting Secretary in November 2018.
Prior to this, Jenny was Deputy Secretary of the Department's Infrastructure and Finance Services Group. As Deputy Secretary, Jenny was responsible for the management and oversight of the Department’s financial, procurement and information technology services, along with strategic advice and planning for state budget processes, and infrastructure policy and delivery across the education and training portfolio.
Jenny has many years experience in senior public service leadership roles, notably at the Department of Treasury and Finance where she led the portfolio analysis function within Budget and Finance.
Jenny holds a Bachelor degree in Applied Science and a Masters of Public Policy from the University of Melbourne.
The seven Deputy Secretaries are directly responsible for each Group within our departmental structure:
- Policy Reform Group - Simon Kent
- Strategy and Performance Group - Katherine Whetton
- Infrastructure and Finance Services Group - Katherine Whetton (acting)
- People and Executive Services Group - Kate Rattigan
- Early Childhood and School Education Group - Katy Haire
- Higher Education and Skills Group - David Latina
- Regional Services Group - Bruce Armstrong