This page includes statistical data and data cubes for Victorian schools.
Summary statistics on Victorian Schools
The summary statistics are revised in April and July each year. The Summary statistics snapshot provides a quick overview of key statistics such as numbers of students, teachers and schools.
The Summary statistics brochures provide comprehensive information on the Victorian government school system, including class sizes, student achievement figures and demographic information.
These data cube files are reissued with updated data from the February school census during the middle of each calendar year.
Definitions and derived calculations
These documents provide information on definitions and derived calculations for class sizes and apparent retention and transition rates.
Teacher supply and demand
The teacher supply and demand report includes:
- Supply: enrolment, destination and related initial teacher education data from Victorian universities and other sources.
- Demand: school enrolment and employment data.
- Matching supply and demand: current and projected teacher shortages or surpluses.
From 2017, data on expulsions in Victorian government schools is published annually. This data is available:
- Total number of expulsions state-wide.
- Number of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander students expelled.
- Number of primary and secondary school students expelled.
Incidents of expulsions in 2017
|Primary school students||23|
|Secondary school students||258|
Incidents of expulsion for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students in 2017
This data represents incidents of expulsion in Victorian government schools between 1 January and 31 December 2017.
Information on the 2018 school year will be available in 2019.