This Award recognises an exemplary skills development collaboration between at least one employer and/or industry body and at least one organisation delivering nationally recognised training.
This is a unique opportunity for your organisation to gain recognition and exposure for your contribution to, and achievements in, the most prestigious event in the TAFE and training sector:
- raising your profile as an innovative leader of vocational education and training
- boosting your client base through increased industry and community profile
- increasing credibility within a specific industry area further enhancing professional image.
The winner of this Award will become an Ambassador for the 2020 Victorian Training Awards and the Victorian TAFE and training sector and will receive $5,000 in prize money and a 2019 Victorian Training Awards trophy. You will also have the opportunity to attract national recognition by representing Victoria at the Australian Training Awards in Brisbane in November.
How to nominate
To nominate you must:
- Meet the eligibility criteria for this category
Register to nominate
- Prepare an overview
Address the selection criteria.
Overview (500 words)
Provide an overview of the collaboration, including:
- the name of the collaboration
- the lead organisation and each of the parties involved in the collaboration
- the purpose and objectives of the collaboration
- the origin of the collaboration (how the parties came together)
- details of the environment in which the collaboration operates, and
- how the collaboration functions in practice, including lines of communication between the parties of the collaboration.
This information may be used as part of your profile summary throughout the Awards process, but
will not be used for judging purposes.
Addressing the selection criteria
Present information in a way that clearly addresses each criterion.
Your response to the criteria will be strengthened by the inclusion of measurable results and appropriate indicators (including customer satisfaction data and other types of external validation).
Nationally recognised training
This refers to training that is based on a national training package or accredited course which results in a person receiving a formal qualification or Statement of Attainment issued by a Registered Training Organisation. This includes Australian Apprenticeships.
To nominate for this award, at least one party must be an industry organisation and at least one party must be delivering nationally recognised training or directly contributing to the outcomes of nationally recognised training which leads to a formal qualification or statement of attainment.
- Criterion 1: Outstanding practice of the collaboration
- Criterion 2: Achievements of the collaboration for training
- Criterion 3: Training impacts of the collaboration
- Criterion 4: Sustainability and future of the collaboration.
To download the full eligibility and selection criteria, see:
Collaboration vs. Partnership
A ‘collaboration’ is where two or more entities work together to achieve shared goals.
A ‘partnership’ is a business structure where two or more parties enter a contractual relationship in which they can legally share profits, risks and losses according to terms set out in their partnership agreement.
The key difference between a collaboration and a partnership is that parties who work collaboratively do not necessarily need to be bound contractually. This Award is to recognise outstanding collaborations, not partnerships.
Supporting evidence should not include additional responses to the criteria, but must include:
- up to five (relevant) photographs showcasing the organisation or initiative
- the organisation's full colour logo in .png, .jpeg or .eps version
- a signed copy of the Business Endorsement by the Chief Executive Officer or Managing Director of the organisation.
VTA business endorsement (docx - 555.94kb)
Additional supporting evidence, up to a maximum of ten pages may also be attached in support of your nomination. This might include, for example:
- tables, graphs or figures to support your nomination
- recognition or achievement awards.