What is the Victorian Skills Gateway?
Victorian Skills Gateway is an online one-stop-shop for vocational training in Victoria. It enables vocational training consumers to easily navigate the extensive vocational training options available across Victoria, searching by occupation, course, study area or training provider.
Which training providers can be listed in the Victorian Skills Gateway?
All registered training organisations (RTOs) that deliver vocational training in Victoria can be listed on the Victorian Skills Gateway.
The following training providers will not be included:
- registered training organisations (RTOs) that do not deliver training in Victoria
- higher education providers that are not also registered training organisations
- Adult Community and Further Education (Learn Local) providers that are not also registered training organisations
- unregistered training providers.
Which courses can be listed in the Victorian Skills Gateway?
RTOs can list courses on the Victorian Skills Gateway if they are:
- vocational award courses, accredited courses or short courses
- listed on the training organisation’s scope of registration
- listed by the training organisation on the Australian Course Information Register (ACIR)
- delivered in Victoria
- offered to the public (i.e. not restricted to members or employees of a particular organisation).
The following courses cannot be listed on the Victorian Skills Gateway:
- senior secondary qualifications
- higher education qualifications
- pre-accredited courses
- unaccredited courses.
How do training providers get listed on the Victorian Skills Gateway?
To list courses on the Victorian Skills Gateway, registered training organisations must enter their details in the Australian Course Information Register (ACIR). Instructions on how to complete these details, see:
Information for Training Providers