The Adult, Community and Further
Education (ACFE) Board's Capacity and Innovation Fund provides opportunities
for Learn Local organisations to develop and implement projects designed to meet
learner needs and to increase participation and attainment in pre-accredited
and accredited training programs.
Capacity and Innovation Fund Aims
The Round 9 Capacity and Innovation Fund aims have been updated to reflect the priorities in the ACFE Board Strategy 2016-2019 for priority learner cohorts.
The CAIF project fund aims to:
Maximise learner participation, equity & access to high quality programs
Support pathways to further education and employment
Demonstrate the effectiveness, socio economic value and impact of pre-accredited training
Respond effectively to identified needs in local communities
Application Open for CAIF Round 9
Applications for CAIF round 9 will be open from March 8 and will close COB 4 April 2017.
To apply for a CAIF Round 9 Funding please follow these steps:
- Download the CAIF 9 Funding Guidelines (docx - 205.42kb) - the guidelines will provide more detailed information on the ACFE Board Capacity and Innovation Fund and on the application and funding allocation process
- Download the CAIF 9 Application Form (doc - 600.5kb) - This Application form is designed to be completed electronically
The following documents must be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than COB 4 April 2017. Late applications will not be accepted.
- If you are applying for more than one project you must use a separate CAIF 9 Application Form for each project.
- This form must be saved as a MS WORD document. PDFs and HARD COPIES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
- This Application form (incomplete applications will not be accepted).
- A signed Letter of Commitment to the project that is signed by all partners.
- To ensure timely receipt of your application please enter your organisation name and CAIF 9 in the subject line of your email.
You will receive a confirmation email once your application and supporting documentation has been received.
The ACFE Board is committed to funding projects that lead to tangible outcomes for Learn Local organisations and for learners. Communicating what has been achieved through CAIF projects is equally important so that innovation and best practices can be shared across the Learn Local sector.
In order for the ACFE Board to know whether or not a funded project is on track or has been successful, Learn Local organisations who have successfully applied for CAIF funds must regularly report on the status of the project. The number of reports required will depend on the length of your project.
- Progress Report Template (this report will be made available at a later date)
- Final Project Report template (this report will be made available at a later date)
Round 1 to 8
A list of Learn Local organisations that have been successful through Round 1, 2011 to Round 8, 2016 can be found below:
Publication of final products
In some cases, Learn Local organisations develop products through the Capacity and Innovation funding which have the potential to be shared across the Learn Local and vocational training sector. The ACFE Board has released guidelines for publication of these products on the Department website. Learn Local organisations are invited to submit an application for consideration.
For more information, see: