Financial Assistance

​​​​​​​​​Financial support is available to help you meet the costs of your higher education and training.

Information is provided below on different types of financial assistance, availability, eligibility and how to apply. 

Australian Government - VET Student Loans

VET Student Loans commenced on 1 January 2017, replacing the VET FEE‑HELP scheme, which ceased​ on 31 December 2016. For more information about the new program and to find out if you are eligible, see: VET Student Loans 

State Government assistance for TAFE in Victoria

​​You may be eligible for government-subsidised training. This is only offered by training providers who have a contract with the Victorian Government to deliver government-subsidised training. ​​​If you are eligible, the government will contribute to the cost of training.

For more, see: Victorian Skills Gateway

Cen​trelink assistance for individual​s studying and training

Centrelink offers financial support to:

  • Students and Trainees
  • You​th Allowance

Students and Trainees​​

if you are an adult in study, training or looking for work you may be eligilble for education and training payments. For more, see:Students and Trainees

Youth Allowance

Centrelink’s Youth Allowance can help if you are a young person who is studying, undertaking training or an apprenticeship, looking for work, or sick.   For more information, see: ​Youth Allowance


If you are an Aboriginal student or full-time apprentice, you may apply for: