How Do I Apply?

​Applications for most courses can be made directly to the institution or training provider or to the Victorian Tertiary Admissions Centre (VTAC). To find out how to apply for a specific course, you will need to contact each provider you are interested in attending.

Are you a VCE or VCAL student?

If you are a VCE student (Year 12 of secondary school) or completing your VCAL (Victorian Certificate of Applied Learning) and want to apply for vocational training for after you have left school, you usually apply through the Victorian Tertiary Admissions Centre (VTAC). VTAC Guides are available from your local newsagent from July each year.

Visit the VTAC website for more information about applying, entry requirements, courses, and institutions.

Closing dates

Application closing dates vary across training providers. It is important to ensure that you send in your applications before the deadline to secure a place.

Some courses have mid-year intakes, and applications for these are made from March to June. Some courses have continuous intakes.

Need more information?

You should contact universities, TAFE institutions and training providers directly for individual course brochures and information about closing dates for specific courses.