Apprenticeships and traineeships are available in a wide range of occupations. The nature of traineeships and apprenticeships differs depending on the industry or occupation involved.
Businesses wishing to recruit apprentices and trainees are eligible for subsidies according to the conditions that apply in each State.
Why employ an apprentice or trainee?
There are great benefits to taking on an apprentice or trainee:
- apprenticeships and traineeships are designed to be flexible, while providing nationally recognised training developed for the industry, by the industry
- increased efficiency and productivity in your business
- foster growth while maintaining and preserving the quality of skills in your industry
- a competitive edge by having trained a skilled team
- access to incentives as an employer who hires an apprentice or trainee
How to get started
Your local Apprenticeship Network provider can help you select the apprenticeship or traineeship program that best suits your business needs, and can assist you in choosing a registered training organisation to work with you and your business.
To find your local Apprenticeship Network provider: