The Mathematics Developmental Continuum P – 10 provides evidence based indicators of progress, linked to powerful teaching strategies, aligned to the progression points and the standards for the Mathematics Domain of the Victorian Essential Learning Standards.
Indicators of progress are points on the learning continuum that highlight critical understandings required by students in order to progress through the standards.
The Mathematics Developmental Continuum P – 10 will assist teachers:
- deepen understandings of the Mathematics domain
- enhance teaching skills to enable purposeful teaching
- to identify the range of student learning levels within their Mathematics classes
- monitor individual student progress towards achievement of the Victorian Essential Learning Standards in Mathematics
- develop a shared language to describe and discuss student progress.
About the mathematics continuum
Effective mathematics teaching relies on knowledge of students’ pre-existing ideas and the implementation of effective strategies to support students to develop more sophisticated mathematical understandings.
The User Guide provides further information about effective use of the resource.