Teaching Secondary Mathematics - Module 1: Overview of Learning in the Mathematics Domain
From Term 1 2017, Victorian government and Catholic schools will use the new Victorian Curriculum F-10. Curriculum related information is currently being reviewed and may be subject to change.
For more information on the curriculum, see:
The Victorian Curriculum F–10 - VCAA
This module introduces the Teaching Secondary Mathematics resource. It enables all teachers of mathematics to deepen their understanding of effective mathematical pedagogies, and inform their planning for mathematics learning and assessment. It will also assist mathematics leaders in schools to plan opportunities for professional learning for the whole staff, in professional learning teams or for individual teachers.
This module includes information about:
- The Teaching Secondary Mathematics modules
- The overarching themes of the resource
- The learner at the centre
- Mathematics as a domain in the Victorian Essential Learning Standards (VELS)
- Mathematics and the Principles of Learning and Teaching P–12 (PoLT)
- International student achievement data
- Online resources available at the Mathematics Domain Page
Download Module 1 workshop booklet and presentation
To use Module 1, first save the booklet and PowerPoint presentation to your computer.