From Term 1 2017, Victorian government and Catholic schools will use the new Victorian Curriculum F-10. Curriculum related information is currently being reviewed and may be subject to change.
For more information on the curriculum, see:
The Victorian Curriculum F–10 - VCAA
This resource is intended for teachers in the Victorian school system, to help them ensure their literacy learning strategies are consistent with current research focussed on effective literacy teaching and learning including the recommendations in:
Literacy Teaching and Learning in Victorian Schools Paper No 9
Literacy Teaching and Learning in Victorian Schools Paper No 9 (pdf - 335.09kb)
The philosophies that underpin this resource are:
- students' oral language is the foundation for learning to use language and using language to learn across the stages of schooling and within all domains
- a range of theories and research are required to best support all students to improve literacy.
- every teacher is a teacher of literacy
- a balanced and integrated approach to teaching literacy is essential
- assessment is the foundation for supporting literacy learning through matching teaching strategies to individual student needs by placing the learner at the centre of curriculum planning.
Victorian Curriculum - English
Victorian Curriculum English resources and support materials.
For more information, see: Victorian Curriculum - English
Overview of Literacy Learning
The overview of literacy learning provides links and general information on literacy learning relevant for all teachers, and particularly important for literacy leaders and leadership teams in schools.
For more information, see: Overview of Literacy Learning
Literacy Professional Learnng Resource - An Overview
This presentation can be used to introduce the Literacy Professional Learning Resource to a whole staff, a leadership team in a school or professional learning team.
For more information, see: Literacy Professional Learning Resource - An Overview (ppt - 391 (ppt - 391.5kb)
For further information about the resource, contact firstname.lastname@example.org