The English Online Interview is a powerful online tool for assessing the English skills of students from Foundation to Level 2. The Interview assesses students across the three modes of English in the Victorian Curriculum F-10 – Reading, Writing and Speaking and Listening.
The English Online Interview is a one-to-one interview between a teacher and student, using texts and downloadable resources designed specifically for the Interview.
In 2017 the English Online Interview will be accessed via the Insight Assessment Portal (Insight).
A training system is available for teachers to familiarise themselves with the new assessment portal. See Insight Demonstration Training
To access the demonstration area use:
log in: demoteacher02
Teachers record each student’s responses directly onto the online system. This data is used to generate reports that provide a point-in-time overview of student achievement and valuable diagnostic information to inform program planning and resource allocation.
The 2017 English Online Interview assessment period is: 30 January to 10 March 2017. This assessment period has been increased by two weeks to provide additional time for schools to become familiar with Insight.
It is mandatory for Foundation students to be assessed during the English Online Interview assessment period. Schools can also use the English Online Interview for students in Years 1 and 2 during the assessment period.
Resources to support the English Online Interview
A range of materials are provided to support teachers and school administrators to become familiar with and administer the English Online Interview.
- Supporting resources - includes resources to support teachers implement assessments, including the Training System, and resources to support students with disabilities.
- Understanding the English Online Interview - a series of video clips to assist teachers using the English Online Interview to identify what to look and listen for as they progress through a given module with a student.
- Reports - includes a summary and examples of the reports generated using the English Online Interview.
- English Online Interview Teaching Resource - supports teachers to build on students’ existing English skills and understandings as assessed through the English Online Interview.
- Digital Storybooks - supporting teachers in administering the English Online Interview.
- Help and Support – including information for schools seeking technical assistance or other advice about the English Online Interview.