The English Online Interview is a powerful online tool for assessing the English skills of students in Years Prep to 2. The Interview assesses students across the three modes of English in Victorian Curriculum – Reading, Writing and Speaking and Listening.
The English Online Interview is a one-to-one interview between a teacher and student, using texts and downloadable resources designed specifically for the Interview.
English Online Interview (secure website) - can be accessed by Victorian government school staff using their eduMail username and password.
Teachers record each student’s responses directly onto the online system. This data is used to generate reports that provide a point-in-time overview of student achievement and valuable diagnostic information to inform program planning and resource allocation.
The 2017 English Online Interview assessment period: 30 January to 24 February 2017. The interview is accessible to finalise assessments until 3 March 2017.
It is mandatory for Prep students to be assessed during the English Online Interview assessment period. Schools can elect to use the English Online Interview for students in Years 1
and 2 during the assessment period.
Resources to support the English Online Interview
A range of materials are provided to support teachers and school administrators to become familiar with and administer the English Online Interview.
- Supporting resources - includes resources to support teachers implement assessments, including the Training System, and resources to support students with disabilities.
- Understanding the English Online Interview - a series of video clips to assist teachers using the English Online Interview to identify what to look and listen for as they progress through a given module with a student.
- Reports - includes a summary and examples of the reports generated using the English Online Interview.
- English Online Interview Teaching Resource - supports teachers to build on students’ existing English skills and understandings as assessed through the English Online Interview.
- Digital Storybooks - supporting teachers in administering the English Online Interview.
- Help and Support – including information for schools seeking technical assistance or other advice about the English Online Interview.