A career and life skills education programme to help students see the connection between school studies and life after school.
The Real Game is a series of five programs
- Play Real Game (ages 8 to 10 – Years 3 and 4)
- Make It Real Game (ages 10 to 12 – Years 5 and 6)
- The Real Game (ages 12 to 14 – Years 7 and 8)
- Be Real Game (ages 14 to 16 – Years 9 and 10)
- Get Real Game (ages 16 to 18 - Years 11 and 12)
The aims of the series are to:
- demonstrate to students the real life relevance of their school experience;
- introduce the relevance of the adult world of work in a non threatening way.
The programs are very well received by students, teachers and parents, who find them easy-to-use, engaging, informative and effective at increasing students' understanding of the world of work and their future roles in it. The programs are paper-based and designed for group work in the classroom, and have been adapted for use in Australia from the original Canadian versions.
Victorian Education Learning Standards (VELS)
The games are a useful tool to achieve VELS outcomes in the Physical, Personal and Social Learning strand (Interpersonal development, Personal learning & Civics and citizenship); the Discipline-based strand (The Humanities – Economics, LOTE - for some games); and the Interdisciplinary learning strand (Communication, ICT, & Thinking processes).
For more information about the games, see links to the five programs on the left of this page.
To order any of the Real Game programs go to the website for Real Game (http://www.curriculumpress.edu.au/the-real-game).