From Term 1 2017, Victorian government and catholic schools will use the new Victorian Curriculum F-10. This page is currently being reviewed and may be subject to change.
For more information on the curriculum, see:
The Victorian Curriculum F–10 - VCAA
The e5 Instructional Model is a reference point for school leaders and teachers to develop a deeper understanding of what constitutes high quality teacher practice in the classroom.
- Develops shared norms
- Determines readiness for learning
- Establishes learning goals
- Develops metacognitive capacity
- Prompts inquiry
- Structures inquiry
- Maintains session momentum
- Presents new content
- Develops language and literacy
- Strengthens connections
- Facilitates substantive conversation
- Cultivates higher order thinking
- Monitors progress
- Assesses performance against standards
- Facilitates student self assessment
The e5 logos appearing on this website are registered trade marks protected by law which are owned by the State of Victoria.