From Term 1 2017, Victorian government and catholic schools will use the new Victorian Curriculum F-10. This page is currently being reviewed and may be subject to change.
For more information on the curriculum, see:
The Victorian Curriculum F–10 - VCAA
Microsoft Lync is the Department's instant messaging and collaboration service.
Using Microsoft Lync you can:
- start or join a desktop videoconference
- schedule online meetings in MS Outlook
- remotely share files, programs and content from your computer
- remotely access a colleague’s desktop or notebook computer (great for support and training)
- collaborate online with colleagues using a whiteboard or conduct a survey.
Microsoft Lync is installed on all Department corporate desktop and notebook computers. If you work in a school you can ask your specialist technician to install MS Lync.
Getting started in Lync
Point-to-point instant message (IM) and collaboration
- Linking two users together using computers (PC or Mac).
- Teachers and staff are able to communicate with each other, share documents and discuss topics together.
- Teachers can communicate with fellow teachers across the Department for professional learning and development.
For further details, see: Microsoft Lync
Multipoint instant message (IM) and collaboration using Microsoft Lync
Linking three or more users together using computers (PC or Mac).
Teachers and staff are able to communicate with each other, share documents and discuss topics together.
Teachers can communicate with fellow teachers across the Department for professional learning and development.
Microsoft Lync support
Support is available to assist educators with both the technical and teaching and learning aspects of virtual conferencing.
For more information on virtual conferencing, see: DET Virtual Conferencing Hub
For questions on virtual conferencing, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
For quick and easy videos and materials on how to use MS Lync 2010 tools for common tasks, see: How-to. Please note: These materials refer to photo and telephony features; however, our system doesn’t yet include these.
For MS Lync 2010 support:
school staff – log a service call for your specialist technician on eduSTAR.JMS
For more information, please contact: email@example.com