As of 1st July 2015, Adobe Connect is the new contracted provider of web conferencing services for the Department. This is exciting news for schools and education partners. Adobe Connect is designed for teaching and learning and has a number of unique features that will enhance the Department’s web conferences, particularly for its access via mobile devices.
Using Adobe Connect you can:
- hold online meetings
- access professional learning
- teach classes
- enable student collaboration
- bring experts into the classroom.
To go to the Department's Adobe Connect site, visit: Adobe Connect
It’s easy to start participating in web conferences. The only equipment you need is a computer, tablet or smartphone with an internet connection and a microphone headset to enable you to listen, speak and participate in activities. You can also use a webcam to integrate video into your web conference. You also need to make sure you have the latest version of Adobe Flash Player
If you would like to use a tablet or smartphone, you can download the Adobe Connect Mobile app for free:
Sessions are entered by a unique URL that has been created by the host. Usually the host will send out an invite to the session or make the URL available to people who wish to attend. When the meeting time arrives, click on the link or enter the URL into your browser or app. Sometimes a pin number will be included in the invite if the host wants to restrict access.
For more information about getting started as a participant, see:
Victorian educators can register to host their own sessions in Adobe Connect by completing the 2016 Adobe Connect Host Registration Form
Once registered, hosts can set up their own meeting rooms to run web conferencing sessions.
Features available to hosts to use with participants include:
- Customisable rooms – layouts can be configured and customised to suit the purpose of sessions. Rooms can remain open for recurring meetings and ongoing classes, and breakout rooms are available.
- Collaboration tools – Adobe Connect offers screen sharing and remote access ability. Tools such as whiteboard annotation; Q and A, Voting and Polling and Chat are also available.
- Rich media content – document files, video and images are supported in Adobe Connect.
- Recording functionality – sessions can be edited to put in bookmarks/chapters; interactive elements such as links remain live; and shared files are available online and are exportable.
For more information on getting started as a host, see:
Adobe Connect support
Support is available to assist educators with both the technical and teaching and learning aspects of virtual conferencing.
For more information on Adobe Connect, see: DET Virtual Conferencing Hub
For questions on virtual conferencing, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
For technical supportAdobe support resources, see:
For more information, please contact: email@example.com