From Term 1 2017, Victorian government and Catholic schools will use the new Victorian Curriculum F-10. Curriculum related information is currently being reviewed and may be subject to change.
For more information on the curriculum, see:
The Victorian Curriculum F–10 - VCAA
For students with additional or complex needs that arise from disability, building relationships and understanding in a transition process will provide support, identify barriers to learning and any adjustments that will be required.
Transition Resource for students with additional or complex needs that arise from disability
The Transition Resource provides information and advice for schools in supporting them to implement positive and effective transitions for students with disabilities and additional needs. In this resource you will find:
- an overview of the transition planning process including key elements and considerations
- suggested timeline and checklists for transition planning activities
- Transition Statement templates that schools may use to strengthen their transition processes
- information on student support and targeted programs
- contact details and links to resources and additional information
To download, see:
Transitioning from Primary to Secondary resource (docx - 5.05mb)
Transition Support Funding
Transition Support Funding is available to government secondary schools in 2017 and 2018 to support students starting Year 7 who are no longer eligible for the Program for Students with Disabilities after their Year 6-7 Review.
An allocation of $3000 per student (pro rata) will be included in the Student Support Package to support the delivery of personalised teaching and learning programs that respond to students' needs.
For further information, see:
Transition Support Funding fact sheet (docx - 69.14kb)