From Term 1 2017, Victorian government and Catholic schools will use the new Victorian Curriculum F-10. Curriculum related information is currently being reviewed and may be subject to change.
For more information on the curriculum, see:
The Victorian Curriculum F–10 - VCAA
Searching for incentive vacancies
New Graduate Incentive vacancies are advertised on Recruitment Online. The peak advertising period is from August to December in preparation for the commencement of the new academic year.
When searching for vacancies it is recommended that you familiarise yourself with the three categories of incentives on offer and the likely locations of incentive vacancies, taking into account your subject area expertise and preferences.
You can search for the New Graduate Incentive vacancies on Recruitment Online in two ways:
- You can undertake a ‘real time’ search (i.e. a search for currently listed vacancies) through the Job Search link. Use the Advanced Search functionality and check 'Teacher' in the Job Categories section and select 'New Graduate Incentive' from the Job Classification preference link and entering other appropriate search criteria under Locations and Subjects/Duties that will identify any current incentive vacancies that match your criteria.
- You can save the above Job Search criteria by clicking the ‘Save Search’ button. You will be prompted to give the search an appropriate name, then click on ‘Use as Job Agent’ box. You will also need to provide a nominated email address then finally click ‘Save Search’. This will alert you via an email message to any advertised incentive vacancy that meets your criteria.
Applying for an advertised vacancy
When you have identified a suitable incentive vacancy you need to take the following steps:
- Read the job description to gain an understanding of job requirements.
- Save job.
- Prepare a statement addressing each of the key selection criteria as an attachment.
- Apply for the saved job and upload the key selection criteria attachment.
- Ensure that your resume is up to date before submitting.
Lodging an online resume
You may also choose to lodge your resume on the Recruitment Online job seeker register (talent pool). Principals considering recruiting a new graduate are able to search the job seeker register (talent pool) for suitable candidates online, prior to advertising a New Graduate Incentive vacancy.