Performance and Development
From Term 1 2017, Victorian government and Catholic schools will use the new Victorian Curriculum F-10. Curriculum related information is currently being reviewed and may be subject to change.
For more information on the curriculum, see:
The Victorian Curriculum F–10 - VCAA
Performance and development supports teachers and principals in their careers and also ensures students receive high quality teaching in every classroom.
Our performance and development intranet site contains guidelines, templates and tools to help school staff through the performance cycle. It is indended for:
Learn more about performance development on the Department's intranet
- principal class employees
- support staff
Edumail account required
The whole-of-practice approach gives a consistent process and a common language for performance in Victorian government schools.
It is is designed to:
- enable individual accountability
- enable collective responsibility
- support collaborative professional learning
- improve the quality of teaching in every classroom.
- promotes the development of thriving school cultures where continuous development of professional skills, knowledge and engagement are the norm, and are based on collaborative and mutually supportive workplaces
- encourages teachers and school leaders to set high expectations and establish clear accountabilities for professional practice in a collaborative environment which values high quality, meaningful, and developmentally-focused feedback
- acknowledges the highly skilled and complex nature of quality teaching and builds on the excellent practices that already exist in many Victorian government schools and across the teaching profession.