From Term 1 2017, Victorian government and Catholic schools will use the new Victorian Curriculum F-10. Curriculum related information is currently being reviewed and may be subject to change.
For more information on the curriculum, see:
The Victorian Curriculum F–10 - VCAA
The School Staff Survey will be open for all staff in Victorian Government schools from 28 August to 17 September 2017.
DET staff who would like to find out more about the survey and access the support materials, see:
School Staff Survey
In 2016, 75 per cent of Government School staff took part in the survey which focuses on areas of school climate shown through research to have a strong effect on student outcomes. School participation in the survey is mandatory (except for schools of two staff or less), however staff participation is voluntary.
In 2017, the School Climate (core) module and a refreshed Teaching and Learning module are mandatory for all schools to complete. The Teaching and Learning module is being updated this year to reflect current research on high impact teaching strategies.
Principals also have the opportunity to elect for their staff to complete additional modules:
- Staff Safety and Wellbeing
- School Leadership and/or
- Professional Learning
The School Staff Survey acknowledges that all staff have responsibility for ensuring their school meets the needs of its students. All staff members, including teaching and non-teaching staff, full and part-time, have the opportunity to participate.
The School Staff Survey:
- is a means to facilitate school staff in thinking about ways to enhance their work and ultimately student outcomes.
- incorporates current research on what matters most to student success and is designed to improve student engagement and learning, as well as school climate.
- comprises a series of components (factors) with strong research evidence indicating their positive impact on student learning outcomes.
- consists of five modules - School Climate, School Leadership, Professional Learning, Staff Safety and Wellbeing, and Teaching and Learning.