From Term 1 2017, Victorian government and Catholic schools will use the new Victorian Curriculum F-10. Curriculum related information is currently being reviewed and may be subject to change.
For more information on the curriculum, see:
The Victorian Curriculum F–10 - VCAA
The Student Resource Package was introduced for Victorian government schools in 2005 to bring about improvement in learning outcomes for students. The Student Resource Package funding model continues for schools in 2018.
- Shifting the focus to student outcomes and school improvement by moving from providing inputs to providing the resources needed to improve outcomes
- Improving the targeting of resources to achieve better outcomes for all students by aligning resourcing to individual student learning needs
- Ensuring the fairness of treatment of schools, with schools with the same mix of student learning needs receiving the same levels of funding
- Improving the transparency of student resource allocations by reducing complexity
- Providing greater certainty for schools about their ongoing level of resourcing, allowing for more effective forward planning
- Providing flexibility to meet increasingly diverse student and community needs and encourage local solutions through innovation
- Developing a dynamic model that allows ongoing review and refinement based on evidence
Features of the Student Resource Package
The SRP features a distinction between student-based funding, school-based funding and targeted initiatives.
- Student-based funding is the major source of resources. It is driven by the levels of schooling of students and their family and community characteristics. It consists of allocations for core student learning and equity. The majority of funding within this area is allocated through per student rates.
- School-based funding provides for school infrastructure and programs specific to individual schools.
- Targeted initiatives include programs with specific targeting criteria and/or defined life spans.
School SRP Interactive Site
For resources for School Principals and Delegates, see: Student Resource Package