From Term 1 2017, Victorian government and Catholic schools will use the new Victorian Curriculum F-10. Curriculum related information is currently being reviewed and may be subject to change.
For more information on the curriculum, see:
The Victorian Curriculum F–10 - VCAA
Youth Central − Information for young people on jobs, training, events, health, finances and more.
myfuture − Online career exploration and information service useful for all students and adults.
- Ace Day Jobs − Online videos and information about people who enjoy their work.
- The Good Universities Guide Careers − Database of careers including duties, specialisations and required qualifications.
Career planning and pathways information
Victorian Skills Gateway – a one-stop shop for vocational training in Victoria.
Higher Education and Skills − Victorian course and careers information for prospective students, apprentices, training organisations and employers.
Where to Now? − Guide to the VCE, VCAL and Apprenticeships and Traineeships.
- Good Education Group Course Finder − Database of course, careers and education institutions as well as ratings and rankings to help in making choices.
- Job Outlook− Information on workforce and occupational characteristics including: future growth prospects, average weekly earnings, the skills needed to perform work tasks and typical work activities.
Fair Work Ombudsman − Information about pay, awards and working conditions.
Volunteering Australia − Information about volunteer work experiences.
Australian Apprenticeships − Information about apprenticeships in a range of industries and how to find them (available in several languages).
Group Training Australia − Information about Group Training companies that take on apprentices and loan them to employers
training.gov.au - The official National Register of information on Training Packages, Qualifications, Courses, Units of Competency and Registered Training Organisations (RTOs).
Training Support Network - Provides information for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) about Victorian Purchasing Guides, the Victorian Government Curriculum and resources for teachers.
National Training Information Service − National Training and Information Service including information about courses, qualifications competencies, training packages and Registered Training Organisations.
MAS National − Information and advice to assist in selecting the right Australian Apprenticeships Centre to undertake training.
Occupation Lists - A list of skills shortage areas prepared by the Victorian government for Visa applicants, but suitable for others to access.
Skill Needs - The Department has developed a list of occupations which are likely to experience skill shortages in the near future.
- JobSearch − Search for information on occupations and careers, including job prospects, weekly earnings, type of work and other occupational information at both regional and national levels.
TAFE institutes in Victoria
Universities with TAFE divisions
Tertiary education information for prospective students
Tertiary education information for parents