From Term 1 2017, Victorian government and Catholic schools will use the new Victorian Curriculum F-10. Curriculum related information is currently being reviewed and may be subject to change.
For more information on the curriculum, see:
The Victorian Curriculum F–10 - VCAA
Schools are responsible for:
- providing duty of care to students which includes:
- managing student supervision, visitors to school, after school collection, student privacy
- supporting shared parental responsibility
- providing a safe environment which includes:
- protection and support against bullying, abuse, assault
- undertaking preventative measures to address the risk of inappropriate alcohol consumption, misuse of drugs
- abiding by mandatory reporting requirements, police protocols or search and/or seizure of property guidelines
- facilitating access to support services
- meeting the planning and implementation requirements for excursions and activities
- providing advice to parents about the student transport options that are available to the school
- ensuring the appropriate use of private cars for school activities.
The policies within this section are: