Schools are expected to provide safe, secure, supportive and engaging learning environments so that student participation can be maximised.
Schools (government and selective entry) undertake a range of activities to support student participation including:
- developing student engagement policies
- managing student intake processes such as:
- student placement
- transfer arrangements.
- managing student attendance requirements and supporting school attendance exemption processes
- planning adjustments to support students with additional learning needs or a disability
- supporting student transition from:
- primary school to secondary school
- secondary school to employment or further education and training.
The policies within this section are: