Purpose of this policy
To ensure staff comply with the Department’s Information Communications Technologies security policies.
Principals must ensure anyone using computers, internet or email facilities is aware of the:
- Acceptable use of DEECD ICT systems policy
- Information and Communication Technology (ICT) policy.
Individuals must comply with the policies.
- provide staff with copies of:
- the policies
- updates or developments of the policies
- provide regular reminders of the need for policy compliance.
Policy compliance will increase:
- confidentiality by protecting sensitive information from unauthorised disclosure or intelligible interception
- integrity by safeguarding the accuracy and completeness of information and computer software.
- availability by ensuring information and vital services are available to users when required.
For more information see: