From Term 1 2017, Victorian government and Catholic schools will use the new Victorian Curriculum F-10. Curriculum related information is currently being reviewed and may be subject to change.
For more information on the curriculum, see:
The Victorian Curriculum F–10 - VCAA
Purpose of this topic
To describe the documents and forms that assist student health support planning.
Note: For consent requirements for any form see: Decision Making Responsibilities for Students within
This table describes the plans that must be completed for specific student health support needs.
|Plan ||The plan |
Student Health Support Plan (doc - 99.5kb)
- must be completed for each student with an identified health care need other than anaphylaxis
- outlines how the school will support the student’s health care needs
- is completed in consultation with parents/guardians and guided by medical advice..
Asthma Care Plan
should be completed for a student with asthma:
- by the student’s medical/health practitioner
- in consultation with parents/guardians.
This plan should be attached to the Student Health Support Plan.
ASCIA Action Plan for Anaphylaxis
must be completed by parents/guardians for a student with anaphylaxis:
- in consultation with their child’s medical/health practitioner
- provided to the school.
Individual Anaphylaxis Management Plan (docx - 217.83kb)
must be completed by the school for each student who has been diagnosed at risk of anaphylaxis.
Annual Risk Management Checklist (docx - 36.87kb)||must be completed by the school to monitor their compliance with Ministerial Order 706, the Anaphylaxis Guidelines and their legal obligations.|
Hygiene Care and Learning Plans
may be used to:
- maximise opportunities for students to self-manage their personal care support
- acknowledge the learning that has occurred when success is achieved.
Medication and authorisation
This table describes the forms used to authorise and administer student medications.
See: Medication within
|Form ||The form |
Medication Authority Form (doc - 64kb)
- is for students requiring medication to be administered at school, other than the following conditions that have their own specific forms:
- should be completed by the student’s:
- medical/health practitioner or if unable to obtain then the parent/carer or the student if they are an adult independent student.
Medication Log (Word - 51Kb)
- is used by the principal or nominee when administering the taking of medication. The school may choose to use an equivalent official medication register instead.
Confidential Medical Information for School Council Approved School Excursion
- must be completed annually by the parent/guardian of each student in advance of school council approved excursion.
This table identifies forms that:
- provide descriptions of a student’s:
- health conditions
- support requirements
- first aid requirements
- are completed by the student’s medical/health practitioner.
Personal care advice
This table describes forms that provide descriptions of a student’s personal care requirements.
Many schools have developed their own forms to assist student health support planning. These schools can continue to use their forms as long as they contain the information provided in the forms above.