Purpose of this topic
To describe the documents and forms that assist student health support planning.
Note: For consent requirements for any form see: Decision Making Responsibilities for Students within Related policies
This table describes the plans that must be completed for specific student health support needs.
||The plan |
Student Health Support Plan (doc - 99.5kb)
- must be completed for each student with an identified health care need other than anaphylaxis
- outlines how the school will support the student’s health care needs
- is completed in consultation with parents/guardians and guided by medical advice..
Asthma Care Plan
should be completed for a student with asthma:
- by the student’s medical/health practitioner
- in consultation with parents/guardians.
This plan should be attached to the Student Health Support Plan.
See: Asthma Australia
ASCIA Action Plan for Anaphylaxis
must be completed by parents/guardians for a student with anaphylaxis:
- in consultation with their child’s medical/health practitioner
- provided to the school.
Individual Anaphylaxis Management Plan (docx - 10.11mb)
must be completed by the school for each student who has been diagnosed at risk of anaphylaxis.
|Annual Risk Management Checklist (docx - 36.87kb)
||must be completed by the school to monitor their compliance with Ministerial Order 706, the Anaphylaxis Guidelines and their legal obligations.|
Hygiene Care and Learning Plans
may be used to:
- maximise opportunities for students to self-manage their personal care support
- acknowledge the learning that has occurred when success is achieved.
Medication and authorisation
This table describes the forms used to authorise and administer student medications.
See: Medication within Related policies
This table identifies forms that:
- provide descriptions of a student’s:
- health conditions
- support requirements
- first aid requirements
- are completed by the student’s medical/health practitioner.
Personal care advice
This table describes forms that provide descriptions of a student’s personal care requirements.
Many schools have developed their own forms to assist student health support planning. These schools can continue to use their forms as long as they contain the information provided in the forms above.