Purpose of this policy
To enable school councils form subcommittees to assist the council.
School councils are governed by:
Education and Training Reform Act 2006
- Education and Training Reform Regulations 2017
School councils may form subcommittees to assist the council. School councils must decide the purpose and terms of reference of subcommittees.
- consist of at least
- 1 member of the school council
- 3 members overall
- meet as directed by the school council
- report in writing to school council.
Subcommittees cannot make decisions on behalf of the school council.
Short term working parties:
- can oversee the implementation of short term tasks
- allow school councils to:
- keep the number of subcommittees to a practical size
- use expertise or interest from the school or wider community.