From Term 1 2017, Victorian government and Catholic schools will use the new Victorian Curriculum F-10. Curriculum related information is currently being reviewed and may be subject to change.
For more information on the curriculum, see:
The Victorian Curriculum F–10 - VCAA
The Department provides schools with advice on its legal position on a range of matters including:
- reporting all instances of actual or suspected fraud
- that school policies and practices must comply with the Department's Gifts, Benefits and Hospitality policy requirements
- explaining how negligence claims (previously referred to as 'liability claims') are processed
- that staff must cooperate with Ombudsman enquiries
- schools ensuring students and their families are aware that any private property brought to school by students is not the school's responsibility
- confirming rights of staff to political freedom provided that any involvement in political activities are undertaken outside the working environment
- establishing when a parent might be liable for costs incurred by a student damaging school property
- clarifying responsibility for student medical expenses
- clarifying personal liability arrangements for school employees
- explaining the legal rights of volunteer workers in schools
- explaining how staff should deal with legal claims, writs and/or subpoenas.
The policies within this section are: