From Term 1 2017, Victorian government and Catholic schools will use the new Victorian Curriculum F-10. Curriculum related information is currently being reviewed and may be subject to change.
For more information on the curriculum, see:
The Victorian Curriculum F–10 - VCAA
The Department provides schools with a range of advice so that they can meet various legislative and policy requirements relating to school governance including:
- school council arrangements
- accountability and continuous improvement activity
- archives and records keeping
- information management i.e. protecting privacy, abiding by freedom of information requirements
- home schooling
- management and maintenance of safe school premises and equipment
- management of and response to actual or threatened violence at school
- response to a range of key issues in accordance with the Department's legal position
- development and implementation of effective risk management strategies
- meeting obligations and recommended standards of behaviours when using social media tools for personal or professional purposes.
Note: All schools and home schooling providers must be registered and meet minimum standards.
The policies within this section are: