Student Exchange Programs
From Term 1 2017, Victorian government and Catholic schools will use the new Victorian Curriculum F-10. Curriculum related information is currently being reviewed and may be subject to change.
For more information on the curriculum, see:
The Victorian Curriculum F–10 - VCAA
Purpose of this policy
To allow schools to participate in student exchanges to broaden students’ educational experiences and intercultural understanding.
- operate student exchanges within the requirements for registration as an exchange organisation
- maintain a balanced reciprocity of student exchanges on a rolling 3 year basis.
Student exchange programs:
- are managed by registered exchange organisations or schools registered for this purpose
- range in duration from a minimum of 29 days to a maximum of 12 months
- should operate on a non-profit basis
- are the responsibility of the Victorian Registration and Qualifications Authority (VRQA).
Note: Student exchanges that are for less than 28 days do not require the school to be a registered exchange organisation.
For more information:
- including the Student Exchange Guidelines and Application document see:VRQA's
International Education; or
- contact: VRQA on (03) 9032 1539.