From Term 1 2017, Victorian government and catholic schools will use the new Victorian Curriculum F-10. This page is currently being reviewed and may be subject to change.
For more information on the curriculum, see:
The Victorian Curriculum F–10 - VCAA
Among several initiatives to support the learning of languages in schools, The Victorian government’s Vision for Languages Education specifically includes the commitment to strengthening the Sister School program within the Department.
The commitment that the government has made to strengthen the Sister School program will involve:
- formalising and helping to facilitate relationships between Victorian schools and between Victorian schools and interstate and overseas schools
- encouraging participation by the non-government/ independent school sector in the Sister School program
- promoting best practice models of sister school relationships in order to maximise the benefits of the program
- strengthening existing language and knowledge sharing arrangements
- encouraging teacher exchange
In this resource you will find information about effective sister school partnerships and how they can contribute to preparing your students for life as active and engaged citizens with a global outlook. See: Sister School Resource Kit
Sister School resource kit
Finding a sister school
Go to Schools Connect
Schools Connect Portal is an online platform that connects Victorian schools with school around the world for sister school partnerships or for project collaboration.
Benefits of sister schools
- benefits for language learning
- key success factors contributing to an effective sister school
- strategies to enhance sustainable sister school partnerships
- effective use of ICT to support sister schools.
For more information, see: